R & S Steel's fabrication shop is located at 412 Canal Street in Rome, NY. Our fabrication facility consists
of approximately 35,000 square feet and a single shift capacity of over 3,000 tons per year.
Some of the outstanding features of our fabrication facility are:
- 30' High Bay with a 55'-0 Bridge Span and a 300' Runway equipped with (1) 10-Ton, (1) 5-Ton and (2) 3-Ton Overhead Bridge Cranes
- An environmentally controlled 45'-0 x 140'-0 Enclosed Paint Shop featuring:
- (1) 10-Ton and (1) 5-Ton Overhead Cranes
- Wheelabrator Shot Blasting Machine to provide surface preparation from SSPC SP-2 to SP-6 when required.
- Recessed loading pit and dock area
- Five separate outside storage yards with 3 and 5 Ton Overhead Bridge and Monorail Cranes
- Automated Peddinghaus Saw/Drill Line
- Automated Peddinghaus Anglemaster
- HACO-Atlantic Hydraulic Plate Shear (1/2" X 10')
- Drill Presses; Finger Brakes; Edwards, Kling & Piranha Ironworkers Hydraulic Press Brake, Power Squaring Shear and Punches
In addition to our fully equipped fabrication facility, we bring with us shop craftsmen with years of experience in the steel
industry. Presently, our fabrication team consists of 13 craftsmen with an average of 15 years experience in the steel fabrication
business. Every welder is AWS certified for several welding processes in multiple positions. In 2010, R & S Steel achieved AISC
Certification for successfully meeting the quality certification requirements for Standard for Steel Building Structures with
Sophisticated Paint Coating Endorsement-Enclosed. Our record shows that we have the ability and craftsmanship to produce quality
steel while maintaining stringent project requirements. Our fabrication team has produced structural steel for schools, prisons
and pharmaceuticals facilities.